Monday, January 30, 2006

Calgon, take me away from Accounting!

Anyone who lived through the 80's should remember the "calgon take me away" commercials...
Oh, I like accounting alright, just don't like having to think so much outside of work. Poor Sylvia's eyes get tired.

So, this blog is dedicated to Nicole and anyone else who wants to eat this delicious little snack!

SYLVIA'S MAGIC BACON ELIXER
"It'll cure what ales you, and if there's nothin' aling you, well, it'll cure that too!"
(yes, I stole that from Abe Simpson - sort of)

Bacon if you're Achin' (and even if you're not)

whole water chestnuts (2 cans)
1pkg bacon (maple smoked or something sweet is yummy)
soy sauce (uh, maybe 2 table spoons, or was it 3?)
rice vinegar (if you have it - if not, it's ok without)
brown sugar (1 or 2 heaping table spoons)
2 cloves of minced or pressed garlic

- Marinate water chestnuts for 2-3 days in soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar and garlic (turn once in a while)
- When ready to roast, pre-heat oven to 400
- cut bacon strips into thirds
- wrap around chestnuts, use toothpicks soaked in water to secure
- bake for ?? until the bacon is cooked, 20 min? I never pay attention cause I'm always at a party when I'm baking these

6 Comments:

Blogger TU said...

yeah, those were delic'!

6:33 PM  
Blogger papasmurf said...

bacon is nature's candy

8:57 AM  
Blogger Erica said...

Bring some over and we'll deal with your accounting woes...

Didn't hear from you Monday - then again, I went to bed early.

6:20 PM  
Blogger Warren said...

It's been way to friggin long since I was invited to a party. In fact, the last party I was at was probably in Dec 2004, over a year ago. How pathetic is my life, eh?

9:04 PM  
Blogger Black Mamba said...

Can you get a flight to TBay by 5:30pm Saturday?
Ruth and Tim will be there...along wih some yummy chicken parmesan and pasta alfredo and a caesar salad and creme brule for dessert...

8:31 PM  
Blogger Warren said...

Time for a new blog post, eh wot!?

Warren

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home