Monday, July 04, 2005

26 Days Of Silence

Much like my journals, this blog seems to see only the ups and the downs, not the in-betweens, or the too-busies.

Today was a fantastic ordinary day - my first day in a "new" job.

Ordinary because it's what I've done for years. And fantastic, because I finally have job security.
I have returned to a department I worked in for over seven years (with the exception of the last seven months). I have my own desk, my own cushy chair, my own filing dråwer, my own head set (yay!)
Job-seeking this past year has been such a burden on my mind. Peace is upon me.

So, the reason I'm even writing today: I'm currently eating a bag of chips. I was recently reminded of my "Bag of Chips" post. I guess I was also prompted by some avid readers of Verbal Diarrhea (ok, maybe avid is too strong of a word). Back to the chips...
The crispy ripple chip, yearned to be coated in the rich, freshly made sour cream and herb dip.
THE CHIP MADE ME DO IT!!!!!!!

Wow. Somebody has an addiction.
The first step is recognizing the problem, the next step is eating a bag of chips...uh, I'm obviously not ready to quit. It takes time. I wish they had a patch for chip-addiction. Or maybe some chipper-ette gum. They could call it The Chip (brilliant). You could put it under your tongue and crunch on it when feeling a chip-fit coming on.

More important things:
Does any body wanna be my roommate?? I desparately love my appartment which I cannot afford. I get really bitter when I force myself to consider finding a more affordable place. In fact, I'm going to stop thinking about it because it's ruining my fantastic ordinary day.

Oh, I can't stop thinking abou† it. My home has been such a haven for me. The bright morning sun keeps a naturally depressed finnish girl from ultimate doom. The view from my balcony refreshes my soul. The balcony is also my favourite place to read in the summer. My bedroom with its slate blue walls and stained-glass window are a comfort any time of year. My bathtub would clearly be better with jets but I can have everything I want now can I?

4 Comments:

Blogger Warren said...

Welcome back to blogworld. Hope you find a roomie, or something. I have just moved into an apartment and I like it very much. In fact, I don't miss my house at all, although I do miss my BBQ. So far, all things considered, I prefer the apartment. It's small, easy to tidy, and when something breaks, it's not my job to fix it. Whee!

UltraWarren

1:28 PM  
Blogger mimlap said...

I am working on another BED student...give me a few more weeks (=

ML

4:17 PM  
Blogger reppepper said...

I'm glad Mim put BED in all caps.

1:52 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

What is a BED student?

Is this someone who sleeps for a living?

Do they work for Serta?

What do they study?

Do they know about dust mites?

Okay, I know what you really meant, but it is 12:30 am and I am in a silly mood.

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home